Saturday, March 29, 2008

Painting woes

Countdown is on...Jack will be one in just 8 short days! Still coming up with some last minute ideas for food for his party on Saturday. And we're practicing blowing out candles, but he's just not quite there yet. Just like we did with Christmas, we gave him his birthday present early. We got him a sand and water table and he loves it...even if it's just in the playroom right now, loaded with toys because it's too cold for outside yet. It's pretty cool though and I can't wait to play with it outside...I mean I bet HE can't wait to play with it outside :)

We've decided to paint the guest bedroom today...sort of last minute. But something we've been intending to do for a long time as it's still builder's beige and very blah. It's smallish and doesn't get a lot of light b/c the deck is above the window. Anyhow, I decided to let Rob pick the color as he's been questioning my decorating ability as of late. Mistake. It's one shade lighter than neon yellow/green and hurts your eyes to look at. Even he agrees how horrible it looks and has given me full reign again on the decor of the house. Thank you. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon I can get out to the store again and get a new color...something a bit lighter than Tiffany's blue and maybe a little more muted. I'll be sure to post pictures...after it doesn't look like a sour apple exploded in the room. (By the way, the color he chose really is called Sour Apple.)

Have a super excellent weekend, my faithful blog readers!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh my!!! Glad he gave you full reign again! Spare bedroom? Take that bed out and make it a craft room!!!!